Tummy tuck or lipo candidate? (Photos)

I would like to know what it will work better to shape my abdomen? Lipo or tummy tuck, I had 2 c sections already, I'm not big fan of the tummy tuck scar, maybe I'm a good candidate for lipo?

Tuck or lipo

Thank you for your questions and photos.  I think you are a better candidate for a tummy tuck.  Liposuction will leave you with loose skin especially in the lower abdomen and still some roundness to the abdomen if the muscles aren't tightened.  Best Wishes!

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a tummy tuck or lipo?

Thanks so much for your question.  After two pregnancies and  c-sections you have changed your abdominal wall anatomy.  You're muscles are now further apart than they were prior to having kids.  You also have loose skin on your abdomen based on the photos.  You would have an ok result with just lipo.  I believe you would have a significantly better outcome with tummy tuck and some feathering liposuction.  Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Tummy tuck vs. lipo

Hi iagp,  In my opinion, I think that you would get a much better result with a combination  of a tummy tuck and lipo. Your abdomen would be flatter and would look more youthful. The repair of your muscles would also be of great benefit to you after your C sections. The liposuction of your abdomen and hips would be able to touch up areas that the tummy tuck cannot and give you an overall better look in 3 dimensions. Sometimes it is better to have a longer scar, but have an overall better form.Good luck to you.Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. You look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure.  Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Comprehensive Abdominoplasty

Hello,You're a good candidate for both, and you'll definitely need the abdominoplasty part to flatten your abdomen, which seems to have both skin and muscle laxity, something liposuction alone doesn't treat.If you already have a cesarean section scar, getting a properly placed tummy tuck scar should not be offensive. When interviewing doctors, you want one that is a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that performs liposuction on the abdomen of his tummy tucks, uses progressive tension sutures to optimize skin tension, does not use drains, and always places the scar in the thigh-abdomen interface - a very low position. Very frequently, the incision runs 1 to 2 inches below the cesarean scar. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

Tummy Tuck vs. Liposuction is something I discuss every day in my office. I am all for using the smallest operation that will get the job done. Liposuction only treats fat, so if you have tight skin and flat abdominal muscles, liposuction is a good option. On the other hand, when the muscle is loose or the skin is folding over, a Tummy Tuck is the procedure of choice.On your side view photo, it looks like the muscle has been stretched out by you pregnancies, and the lower abdominal skin is starting to fold over. Liposuction will not fix the muscle laxity, and my make the lower abdominal skin fold over further. For these reasons, a Tummy Tuck is more likely to give you the look you are trying to achieve. Liposuction will help the sides match the tummy, but is not ideal for the belly.
Seek a board certified plastic surgeon, with experience in both procedures for an in-person consultation and opinion. Pictures do not always tell the whole story.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

It does look like you need a tummy tuck with muscle repair as well as liposuction of the flanks.
I would nor recommend lipo of the abdomen at this time.

Tummy tuck or lipo candidate

Having liposuction on your abdomen will reduce the fat below the skin but will leave you with loose skin both above and below the belly button. That can be removed at a later date with a tummy tuck if you desire

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an good candidate for Tummy Tuck with  liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon