I'm a Transgender and want a bilateral mastectomy. Is there an age limit..? (Female to male)

I have been a Transgender (out of the closet) for about three years now. And for a year now I have been looking at my options and the risks that have come with them. I am 16 going onto 17 this summer, in about two months to be precise, 135 pounds and 5'5". I work out and lift weights regularly so I do have a firm build. And if I we're to do this I live in Phoenix, AZ so where would be the closest possible place to get this done at.

Is there an Age Limit of Female to Male Top Surgery

Generally, it's required to be a #legal aged adult who is able to make a fully informed decision to undergo FTM Top Surgery. However, one exception to this is the requirement of parental consent for an #underage patient. Additional criteria may also be required depending on the state you live in. It's best to begin by seeking a plastic surgeon with #board #certification and experience in this type of procedure. You should feel comfortable with your surgeon and his or her office staff. They should be open-minded regarding gender surgery. It’s important for your surgeon to have an aesthetic eye for body contouring, you should be comfortable with the surgical facility that your doctor uses and it should be certified. he most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Under 18 years old, you need a parent or guardian to cosign the consent form.

You should be able to locate a plastic surgeon in the greater Phoenix area who has experience with FTM top surgery. You can also look in cities where you have relatives to help you after the surgery. If not, it really does not matter how far you travel. You should plan to stay in town until the surgeon feels it is safe to go home.