Should I stop using Retin-A (tretinoin cream)? (Photo)

I have been using tretinoin cream 0.05% for 5 days now every night like my dermatologist tells me to but I got a redness on my cheek and I don't know if I should stop using it or keep using it okay to keep using it?

Tretinoin side effects

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to assess your skin through photographs, but from what I can see, it looks like your cheeks have some irritation and redness. Redness, dryness, and irritation is a common side effect with tretinoin, especially with nightly use. I recommend stopping tretinoin until the redness and irritation subsides and restart tretinoin every other night to minimize irritation. I highly suggest you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated. Take care and good luck.