Silicone to help with scarring?

So after surgury the told me anything with silicone will help with scarring.then I was told there product was 600 for 4 weeks worth.well after paying 8500 that's not an option to pay at the moment. So can u recommend another product that had silicone in it

Silicone sheeting

You may wish to look into silicone sheeting.  It is often less than $50 and is sold online (e.g. Amazon) and at certain pharmacies.  Different sizes are available based on the length and pattern of your incisions.  It may flatten elevated scars over time.  The mechanism appears
related to scar hydration as well as increasing scar temperature during maturation.  To be effective, the silicone sheets should be worn 24 hours a day for several months except when showering and may be washed and reused to minimize costs.

Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Silicone for post op incisions

Yes, plenty of data to show the benefits of topical silicone to improve surgical incisions.  These are available by prescription as well as over the counter at a fraction of the cost you are quoting.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Does silicone help with scarring?

Thanks for your email.  Silicone can help with scarring.  A product that you may want to look into is Scar Guard.  It contains Vit E, Silicone, and Cortisone.  All three can help with scarring.  This shouldn't be as expensive.  Good luck.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Silicone for scars

Yes, silicone products help with the appearance of surgical scars. Usually begin a few weeks after surgery and continue for 3-4 months.  There are many forms of silicone, gels and tape.  All of these can be conveniently found at a local drug store.  Best wishes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Silicone to help with scarring?

I believe you are referring to silicone taping. Yes, it is scientifically proven to help with reducing scars based on multiple studying with burn patients.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Scar treatments

There are many scar treatments available.  Silicone sheeting is available at drug stores or local medical supply stores.  There are other products you can buy over the internet as well.  Please note when using scar treatment products that it takes several weeks for the scar to be improved, and that not every product works for every patient.

Camille Cash, MD