Rippling or dent? 1 week post op (Photo)

hi there. I'm sure everybody will say 1. Give it time and 2. Ask your surgeon but I will ask anyway. Does this look like rippling on the inside of my left cleavage? It doesn't feel as smooth or round as the right breast. It's also a bit higher. It was droopier than the right beforehand. I had 330cc dual plane silicone round mod+. Just curious if I can expect this to cause problems or go away. Thanks.

1 week post op concerns

Thank you for your question and photo.  You are right on with answer #1--you will need to give it more time.  Without an exam, it is really difficult to tell what is going on.  There are many changes that will settle over time as swelling goes down and the implant settles.  No one will be able to give you an exact answer other than you will need to let the breast recover from the procedure.  Best wishes.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Expectations after implant surgery

Thank you for sharing such detail. However the key information is your findings in the operation and your surgeon's impression. He/she will best know how to guide you. You are right- it's early to say. Be patient and best wishes.

BBA

The best person to help you is your treating physician. I suggest you see them in person or see another board certified surgeon or physician in your area. An in-person evaluation is needed to adequately evaluate your situation and options.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Rippling

I can't really see the problem in your picture, but I think that, at one week and with a lot of swelling still present, rippling can safely be excluded.
As you know already, your breasts will have to change and settle in the coming weeks. No reasons to worry at this time.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant settling after breast augmentation

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

It is common to have different women's implants settle at different rates over different periods of time. They will remain high for at least a few weeks. If your pre-existing anatomy has your breast creases or breast folds at different positions, they implants will settle to different places. So your preoperative anatomy has a lot to do with a final result. So does the skill of your plastic surgeon, size of breast implants, saline and silicone settle differently, skin quality and activity levels. You are still early so give it some more time. It may take 2-4 months to really see where you are.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Breast Augmentation

Breast augmentation result

Thank you for asking about your breaast implant result.

It is too soon to tell what will happen.
You do have a slightly flattened release of the pectoral muscle on the Left breast.
It is likely to improve as swelling subsides.
Let your surgeon know your concern and give it at least 3 months before you judge your final result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Rippling

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although not extremely noticeable or clear, some asymmetry and possibly rippling seem to be present.  As you have predicted correctly, you should not worry too much as there are still many changes that should take place over the next few months being that you are only one week post-op.  Please be patient and follow your surgeon's instructions closely.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Rippling or dent? 1 week post op

Thank you for your question and photo.  At one week it would be uncommon to have rippling.  More than likely some post surgical changes.  During the weeks and months after surgery you will see several changes as your body adapts to the implants.  Be patient and enjoy, they look great!

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recovery

I would agree with my colleague below:  your breasts are going to change hourly/daily/weekly for the next few months and for now, you are just going to have to relax and be patient. And for your own personal sanity, I would encourage you to not over examine them. It only leads to anxiety. Obviously, if your bruising or pain gets worse, talk to your surgeon. But otherwise, just have faith that your surgeon knew what he or she was doing and that your final results will be fantastic.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Rippling?

Hi

Thanks for the post.  To be honest, with this picture being a little small and the resolution not very good....I am having a really hard time seeing what you are seeing.  You are right on both accounts...give it time.  Your breasts will change so much over the next several months.  Rippling is usually seen with saline implants and if implants are over the muscle but there is not enough breast tissue to conceal it well enough.  If you had gel implants under the muscle, then the likelihood of rippling would be much lower....possible, but much lower.  I would give it 3 months before you get too worried.  Talk to you surgeon.  Options at that point would be to change the implant and adjust the pocket etc. Or put some fat over the top to camouflage the rippling and build up more soft tissue over the implant.  

Good luck