What would you recommend I get done to get rid of all this skin? (photos)

What would you recommend I get done to get rid of all this skin? I also want a breast lift and augmentation. I'm just not sure if I need a body lift, tummy tuck, or what. I have loose skin on my back, tummy, butt, and thighs.

Body contouring following massive weight loss

Hi there Fiona and thanks for sharing,

I assume you have had a significant amount of weight loss, as your photos are fairly typical for that group of patients.

It is a common problem after weight loss and generally patients request multiple sites treated.

With regards to your lower body, i would recommend a body lift over a tummy tuck. The reasons I suggest that is that your skin excess extends beyond your hips at the side and you also have some buttock droopiness which could also be addressed with a body lift but not a tummy tuck.

If you are also wanting breast surgery, I will often perform a breast lift at the same time as your body lift. Some patients need or request a breast augmentation but I would usually recommend that as a separate procedure to reduce complications

I would suggest a consultation with plastic surgeon in your area with experience dealing with patients following MWL. In the right hands it is an operation with a very high "worth it rating"

Best wishes

Richard

Tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation with implants or with your own tissue is the way to go

Dear Fiona,
Your skin looseness is confined to the front. Therefore, a tummy tuck will give you a good result. In the back, I see flank fullness (treated by liposuction). While you have a little upper back skin looseness, this does not warrant a belt lipectomy. I advise against a long scar for minimal benefit.  
You can have your breasts augmented either with implants or with the tummy tuck tissue. The latter is a procedure called the DIEP flap or "natural mommy makeover" - this is the most natural option since your own tissue is used instead of implants. However, few plastic surgeons are capable of performing this operation because it takes great skill and experience. 
All the best in your quest,
Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Lower Body Lift ?

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover, and thank you for pictures.

Yes, base solely on the pictures you have shown, you would likely enjoy the benefits of a lower body lift, aka belt lipectomy. A tummy tuck will not address the excess skin on your lateral hips, butt or back.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover Procedures

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. You have the option to combine any of these to achieve your desired results, and the best thing to do is to contact local surgeons for consultations in regards to the best procedures.

What should I do to get rid of all my loose skin?

Thanks so much for your question.  Based on your photos it appears that you will need more than just the standard tummy tuck.  A circumferential tummy tuck/body lift would give you a great result on both your front and back side.  I think anything less might leave you with unwanted loose skin.  Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

What would you recommend I get done to get rid of all this skin?

From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a circumferential abdominoplasty/body lift. The breast is not shown on your photos- but the breast surgery can be combined with the procedure mentioned above. Your thighs can e addressed at a different time once you heal from the first combination of surgeries. Best to seek in person exam by an experienced BC PS

Dr Derby

You might think about a full body lift over Tummy Tuck. It depends on the results that you are looking for. The best is to have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Well on your limited front view a tummy tuck for sure is the best answer. It looks like maybe you have lost a lot of weight and in that case a full body lift may be something you want. Those can be staged or done in one surgery. The breast procedure can usually also be done in one operation with implants and a lift depending on how much sag there is to the breasts. If there is too much sag then maybe staging the breast part with lift first then implants would be the way to go. Only way to really know is an in office exam. Best of luck.

Sincerely, 

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Loose skin

Thank you for the photos and question.  First let me congratulate you on your weight loss!  It appears that you have loose skin in the most common areas after major weight loss.  I would recommend a total body lift to lift and contour the tummy, buttock/back as well as arm and medial thigh lifts.  You will likely need to split the procedures into 2 separate surgeries. 
Best Wishes! 

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a great candidate for a circumferential body lift.  Where a tummy tuck only helps to flatten the front of your abdomen and bring your abdominal muscles together, a body lift will also lift your buttocks and remove the excess skin all the way around your trunk.  You can opt to just do a tummy tuck but I suspect you will be disappointed in the results.  Because you have loose skin in the lower back "muffin top" area, there is no great place to stop the abdominoplasty incision and this is why a body lift works wonderfully.  This is one of my favorite operations and along with tummy tucks, yields one of the highest satisfaction rates of any aesthetic procedure.  I would recommend that you consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons to discuss recommendations in more detail.  Be sure to see surgeons who are confident doing this procedure.  Best of luck.

Michael Brucker, MD