Protruding tummy after tummy tuck. What are my options? (Photo)

It has been 7 months since I had a full tummy tuck. My belly porturdes. I have spoken to my surgeon about it. He checked to make sure my muscles were all tighten. He says it due to having a round profile & he said he was" very conservative with the liposuction, especially on my upper belly". He said " working out will help. Another round of liposuction". My surgeon & his staff did an awesome job from beginning to end.

Tummy Tuck - post surgery effect

Your surgeon sounds like he is on right track.  Work out to tone the muscles but if the bulge persists, and it's not muscle bulging, then I would liposuction the area as some of the areas are not really safe to liposuction during a tummy tuck.  I would wait a year though to give it adequate healing time.  Best Wishes!!

Rounded Stomach after TT

It appears like you actually have really nice results. Often times, that upper round belly is from intra-abdominal fat and loosing just a few pounds might help. If your muscles are intact and the subcutaneous fat layer is thin there really isn't much else to do surgically. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Bulg after tummy tuck

Your question is a good one for so many thing change with our core musculature and contour with a tummy tuck. Sounds like your surgeon has one good idea about doing some more liposuction, but I would also suggest you both look closely at your preoperative and postoperative photos for you stand with a bit of a sway back posture which can give the appearance of a more prominent abdomen from the posture of your back. Sounds like they are on top of your options.

Jeffrey Nelson, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon