I'm planning my augmentation, will 500cc look good on my body? 5'7" 135lbs, 32c BWH 34-26-39 " (Photo)

Hello! So I've looked at many pics over the past year. I've been looking at similarly proportioned girls, and also my best friend (who just got hers done). I'm pretty sure to achieve the look I want, I need 500-550 cc implants. My best friend is also 5'7", but 125lbs, and our measurements are the same except I am about 2" wider in B-W-H. Hers are 450cc and look GREAT on her. What do you think based on these pics? Also, do diff size implants vary in cost or are they about the same?

Breast Implant Sizing

You are asking our opinion of what might look good.  That's not our concern. Our concern is anatomically matching the implant to your soft tissue, i.e. breast tissue, dimensions. This will make the difference between a complication free result and one that might lead to multiple re-operations. Height, weight, bras, are all irrelevant. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm planning my augmentation, will 500cc look good on my body? 5'7" 135lbs, 32c BWH 34-26-39 "

Thank you for your question and photo.  U have excellent breast anatomy and should be able to achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.  In my opinion breast implants in the 500-550 cc range are very large and again in my opinion there is risk of distortion of your excellent normal breast anatomy.  Your implant size should be based on a measurement of the base width of your breasts which are surgeon will measure.  To learn more about breast implant sizing please read below:

Determining the right breast implant size

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Implants and cost

Thank you for your questions and photos.  It is difficult to tell if you will get your desired results based off the implants size alone but it will likely be in your desired range. 

The cost of implants does not vary by size unless you order a custom size which is significantly more expensive.  

Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

I'm planning my augmentation, will 500cc look good on my body?

You will probably get a similar answer from most of the consultants here....we cannot reasonably recommend specific implants for a patient without a consultation and examination. there are just too many variables other than the simple BWD measurement. Patients with your anatomy, ie a reasonable amount of natural breast volume, get a great result as long as they don't go so big they damage their natural tissues. 500cc would be a reasonable implant for you if you want a pretty large end result. Implant prices vary from the manufacturer based on type and style, but not on volume. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Will 500cc look good on my body? 5'7" 135lbs,

Thanks for your photos. You do appear to have a nice natural shape and reasonably abundant breast tissue and should achieve an excellent result as long as your implants are not excessively large.  From your description 500 mL may be appropriate but my preference is to have a target goal based on photographs and verbal description before proceeding with surgery allowing me to choose the final implant size or sizes during the procedure when I can see the actual results.  We use test implants and sit the patient semi upright during the surgical procedure to allow me to make the best selection.  I would suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon that choice and not be constrained by a selection that limits flexibility made based on measurements alone.  I think you will find the video above of interest. Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Implant sizing

Good day Neighbor. Breast implant sizing considers several factors: the breast base width, quality of the overlying breast tissue, whether or not the breast are droopy (ptotic), pre-operative asymmetry, and most importantly, the patient's desired results. From the photos submitted, you seem to be a fantastic candidate and should see a fantastic result. Please consider using two different sizes because of the pre-operative asymmetry and I look forward to seeing your fabulous results. 

Implant size

Thanks for your question and photos. It is Difficult to give you exact implants selection without knowing your breasts' base diameter. Based on your photos if you want 550 cc range implants I recommend high profile implants otherwise the implant will be too wide for you. Please choose an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Best breast implant size?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the type of implant. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant. Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Robert Singer, MD FACS La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon