Is it normally a patient coordinator who gives advice?

seem to be dealing only the pt coordinator with my concerns.Wasn't wanting the size I have to start.She gave me 400cc-575cc I chose 575ccshe said it was too big.than overheard her tell a nurse it wouldn't happen andno dr would do that on me.Now I called her about my double bubble.or animation and she said theres nothing I can do at this point an talk to.dr but theres nothing since im 5mo post op. Ifeel so unwelcomed with my concerns here I just want my boobs fixed and the size I originally chose

Advice from patient coordinator

Hi Brgonz,Thanks for your question. I am extremely sorry that you are having issues with your plastic surgeons office. The fact that you have a double bubble or animation deformity can be corrected and should have been discussed before by your surgeon based on the size that you chose. i would recommend expressing your concerns directly with your plastic surgeon!  Remember you can always get second and third opinions. Thanks the coordinator for their advice but speak directly with your plastic surgeon! Good Luck. All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS @doublebubble @breastaugmentation facebook @breastdoctor twitter @docmata instagram #drcarlosmata Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Normal for patient coordinator to give advice

Thanks for your questions and so sorry you are having a tough time.  My strong advice is to schedule an appointment with your PS regarding the double bubble and size concerns.  Best of luck.

Patient Coordinator

Thank you for sharing. While a patient coordinator can be a wealth of information and experience, she cannot provide true medical advice. See your board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

With your question, I think you certainly deserve another appointment and consultation with the operating physician to discuss your concerns. Coordinators are extremely helpful in answering some questions and mostly "coordinating "the process to go smoothly through surgery. But the physician is ultimately responsible for the surgical results, in my opinion

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Advice from the coordinator

It is normal to get information and advice as long as she is a trained medical professional. However, that advice should just be enough to get you to the next appointment with your physician. I am assuming you discussed your size and implant profile with your surgeon as well. I would seek an additional follow up appointment and get a plan on how to improve your outcome. Thismay require a another surgery once you are healed for a least 6-12 months. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  I would suggest that you politely request to speak to your plastic surgeon about your concerns;  bypass the patient coordinator.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Though patient coordinators do play a role in dialogue and communication with patients it is important that you see your surgeon routinely during appointments to ensure your uncomplicated recovery.  At 5 months after surgery I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon directly, but it sounds as if you will need revision surgery to achieve your goals.  If you do not obtain the answers you want from your surgeon, or feel uncomfortable with their staff, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!