Any other options for someone with bad credit to get financed?

hello,after doing extensive research on finance companies claiming to help people with bad credit i have been denied .i am pretty desperate to get a breast lift,tummy tuck with lipo and fat transfer but have terrible credit from the past . any other options out there to help people like us get financed quickly?my wedding is in 5 months

Payment Options and the Mommy Makeover

A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  However, many payments plans exist for cosmetic procedures. Ask your surgeon's office about finance programs and lenders they may recommend as well as personal loans available through  finanical institutions.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Financing surgery

If you have already tried with various creditors, then saving money over time seems to be the only option.  It can be frustrating when you are mentally and physically prepared to move forward with surgery but cannot get the funding.  Check back with the creditors over time as you rebuild your credit.

Camille Cash, MD

Options for someone with bad credit to get financed?

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, it is always in patient's best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed;  this additional surgery may be associated  out-of-pocket expenses.  Best to achieve a physical, emotional, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery.

Thank you for sharing your question and difficulty with obtaining financing.  Unfortunately other than saving the money there is not another financing option.  You may be able to limit costs by visiting a local plastic surgery training center in AZ or surrounding states as they may have a "chief resident clinic" where the costs of surgery would be more manageable.  Hope this helps.

Getting financing means, of course, finding someone to loan you money. Unfortunately it is very hard to find a lender willing to take a risk on a borrower that has proven to not be a good risk. You are looking at purely cosmetic surgery that has no health benefits, so at this point you will need to work very hard for a few years to develop good credit and start a savings program for unnecessary spending like this surgery. I have a feeling the thought process of wanting to borrow even more money when you have a bad credit history is what got you to this point. I know I sound like "Dear Abby" but it seems you need to alter your thinking about spending and the sooner the better. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Payment Options

I have a great option for you. I always say never pay for what you can't afford. It is just silly to do that. I allow patients to make payments up front until the procedure is paid off then they can schedule surgery. This way you take as long as you need to pay and you can afford it along the way then you get what you want in the end. I am a big fan a Dave Ramsey a financial guru. He would tell you to never ever every put something on credit like this. You should pay for it when you can afford it. If you can't afford it you should not be doing it. There is no reason to put this on credit if it is going to strap your normal life. I think pre pay one time is a great option but it requires you to be disciplined and wait for what you want when you an afford it. I hope this helps. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Desperate for total make-over but bad credit

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but the best way to have a happy life and marriage is to not be in debt and to have good credit. So please, please focus on getting fit and healthy - physically and financially - and do the non-essential cosmetic surgery when you can afford it. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS