Do they look normal laying down? (photos)

Excuse my markings, but I'm three months post op. do they look normal when I lay down? I feel like they're very far apart...

Lateral Displacement

It does appear that the lateral displacement is more than expected at this point after BA surgery. I would recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person to share your concerns.

All the best

Revision Breast Augmentation

Your implants appear to be sliding too far off to the sides, which indicates that the pocket may need to be adjusted with revision surgery. Discuss with your surgeon.

Do they look normal laying down?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to give full answers to your question without an examination. However, if you are getting lateral displacement of your implants, surgical correction may be necessary to ameliorate your complaints.  I do see some change in the position in your photos and closing the pocket may be what is needed. I would follow-up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns and see about potential options for improvement. Given the length of time from your initial procedure, revisionary surgery is reasonable. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Lateral Displacement Creates Wide Space Between Breasts

It appears as if you may have a bit of lateral displacement where the breast pocket created during the augmentation has stretched and allows the implants to slide to the side. This is usually corrected with a revisional surgery to stitch the pocket to keep this from occurring. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do they look normal laying down?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. Though the best advice would come from a series of photographs before and after surgery, or with an in-person examination, it appears that you have lateral displacement of your implants taking place.  In essence the pocket that they are within has been stretched too far out to the side and the implants are sliding off of your chest.  I would voice your concern to your surgeon, they can either provide reassurance or treatment options for correction.  Hope that this helps.

Do they look normal laying down?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You demonstrate your concerns nicely. Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients. This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant. Surgical correction is an option.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. In my practice, I use a 2 layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.
I hope this, and the attached link, (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.