Is normal to have a hard bump in the breast after a breast lift with implants?

I had a breast lift with implants under the muscle about 6 weeks ago. But I feel like a very hard are in my right breast, my doctor said i have to wait 2 months to get the check, but I'm very concerned about it, i can't see it but I can feel it. Can it be something dangerous help please.

Bump Appears with Implant at 6 Weeks Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. With any questions or concerns, especially about the bump that has arisen, it would be best to visit your surgeon for examination. Good luck.

Is it normal to have a hard mass in my breast after a breast lift with implants?

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your question. It certainly can be normal to have lump and bumps after surgery. Especially after having a breast lift operation. It can be common due to the fact that when breast tissue gets cut part of it can die and get what is called fat necrosis. It usually is not dangerous. The fact that you cannot see it is completely normal. Areas of fat necrosis typically can resolve on their own. Be patient and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Carlos Mata M.D., MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hard bump in the breast

Hello, it isn't possible to know what might be causing your bump based on a description alone. If you are feeling very anxious about this, perhaps you could call your surgeon and request sooner followup or investigations.

Considering your breast surgery was so recent I would be patient.  There are many things that can cause this, outside of breast cancer; a blood collection, fat necrosis, scar tissue, etc.  If it does not improve over time then an ultrasound can be done to help determine what it is.  

Bump in breast

It is very hard to say from what you describe. It probably is not an emergent problem. I would just make sure that your surgeon understands how concerned you are and if you trust them then you need to just believe in them and listen to what they say. It could be any number of things. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Hard bump after implants and breast lift

Thanks for your question. It's hard to answer you without examining  you. Relax, I don't think it's anything serious. It may just resolve with time. Follow your surgeon's recommendations. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD