Will my natrelle cohesive gel implants "drop"? (Photo)

I keep reading my "gummy bear" implants will not drop, but doc's saying the fullness I am disliking at the top of my chest will decrease once the implants settle & the fullness will near the bottom of the breast. This info all seems conflicting. Wish we were more clear going into this whole procedure. I am thinking immediate implant removal and re-do would be best? How do I help them settle and look bigger? He says massage and time for swelling to subside. But that will make them smaller right?

Be patient

your implants will soften and drop slightly, over the next 3-6 months. You can wear a bandeau to help keep them from riding too high. I would not typically massage shaped implants, as this could lead to rotation of the implants.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Will my natrelle cohesive gel implants "drop"?

Hi KOIson1,

Your implants are sitting high which is very normal this soon after your surgery. Your implants are very likely to settle and drop quite nicely over the coming months, giving you more lower pole fullness and a more natural appearance. You will still have some swelling at the moment but from your photos it looks like you’ll achieve a pleasing result, just be patient and allow them to settle before making any decisions to go back into surgery.

All the best with your recovery,

Craig Rubinstein, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Implants "drop?"

Thank you for your question and photos.  In short, yes, the implants will still "drop" a bit.  They tend to settle a bit less than traditional round smooth shell implants, but the skin will still stretch a bit and the swelling on the upper part of the breasts will go down.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

It is still to early in the healing process to forsee your final results. Your surgeon is correct it takes time for implants to settle. I recommend waiting a full three months for things to settle before undergoing another surgery. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It does take time for implants to settle, I always recommend waiting at least 3-6 months before making a decision to re-operate. 

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Your photos suggest that they were taken on day 9 after surgery. Your implants will not arrive at their final position for at least another 4 to 6 months. I recommend you continue to follow up closely with your surgeon, who will do his or her best to get you as close as possible to your desired result. All the best.

Breast augmentation and gummy bear implants

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you look like you had surgery fairly recently. It can take several months for the implants to settle into their final position. Also, there is a lot of swelling that occurs after surgery and that takes time to subside. Gummy bear implants will settle or drop over time if they have a smooth surface. Textured implants are less likely to change position over time.  I understand your concern, but you should not judge the results of you augmentation for at least 6 months. I would follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and give it time. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon