I'm a man transitioning to be a woman. What can be done for my lips? (Photo)

Question. ? Can you go from my lips to l ok keep the lips in pic ?? Can you do ?? I wamt to be real women there is no dealt I have to look them up a man's going to actually think I'm a real woman

Lip lift. No question

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to start with a lip lift.  Then we can augment the lips (even at the same time) as desired.  But, you'll never get the right look unless we can get some tooth show.  See all my videos for additional help.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

The lips in the picture are very dramatic, and I wouldn't recommend going that large to start.  

That said, there are several options for your lips.  You can inject your lips with filler such as juvaderm ultra plus or allergan is coming out with a new lip filler called volbella that is supposed to be softer and last longer (one year).  There are also lip implants which give a permanent solution.

There are many options for lips and for the rest of your face as you transition. Find a facial plastic surgeon who understands male to female gender affirming surgeries

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lucious lips

There are several things that can be done to make your lips more feminine.  First, hair removal.  You have light skin and darker hair, so I would recommend that you try laser hair removal first.  If this does not work well enough you can shift to electrolysis.  Second, adding volume to your lips will help them look full and feminine.  You can do this several ways.  You can have filler injected.  This is the fastest way, but the filler will go away within a year or two.  You can have your own fat or tissue injected.  This will last for many years, but is not as precise as the other methods as some of the tissue may not take.  The third option is to have an implant placed.  This is precise, last forever, but you have a foreign body in your lip.  Finally, if you look at the model in the photo you posted, the distance from the bottom of her nose to the top of her lip is shorter than yours.  A lip lift will shorten that distance for you, roll your lip up, and make it look more feminine and younger.  A few small procedures will make a big difference for you.  Your surgeon will be able to help you decide which exact combination is right for you.  Good luck your transition journey.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist