Lipo or more diet and exercise? (photos)

I saw a plastic surgeon who recommended lipo first for my stubborn tummy area, then laparoscopic for muscle tightening or skin tightening if I'm not satisfied with the results. After researching lipo results on this site I'm nervous it will turn out lumpy. Does that happen a lot? Sure seems like it. Should I just do more diet and exercise?

Lipo or more diet and exercise?

If you are already eating clean and exercising, then liposuction may be ext step to achieve the contour that you want. Contour irregularities are always a potential complication from lpiosuction, so ask to see before and after photos during your consultation. Good luck!

Liposuction or diet/exercise?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • If you have had children, and your goal is a flat stomach, judging from your photos, your muscle almost certainly needs repair.
  • You look thin and fit - so more diet and exercise might not be the answer.
  • I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for a second opinion to see if you need muscle repair. If so, that should be done before liposuction because it is almost certainly the cause of most of the tummy bulge.
  • If you don't want that, then liposuction or diet/exercise is your choice.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Which is better Liposuction or Diet and Exercise?

Hi  Lissyloo,, Thanks for your question and photos. Great photos. Certainly help in giving your recommendations. Liposuction but better yet liposculpting will definitely improve your contour. There are always risk with any surgery like the lumpiness. It is possible with any liposuction but it depends on your plastic surgeon and your degree of fat content. It can be avoided for sure but your liposculpting may not be as aggressive. Diet and exercise is free and give amazing results but it is unpredictable and people loose weight in different areas of their body. I think you are an excellent candidate for liposculpting. Laparoscopic muscle tightening is something that few people do well that leaves extra skin on the outside if the muscle are fixed. Usually bone better with a tummy tuck which YOU DO NOT NEED. Hope this helps!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #liposuction #liposculpting Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or more diet and exercise?

Diet and exercise is always the best way to improve your shape. It is safe, free, and effective when done on a regular basis. However, if you want a "quick fix," then liposuction can be done in areas that seem resistant to diet and exercise. There is always the possibility of contour irregularities after surgery if it is not performed by an experienced liposuction surgeon. Thank you for sharing your questions and photos. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Gregory Park, MD

Lifestyle changes

You should consider a change of your diet that you can strictly adhere to for maximum benefit. The addition of an exercise regimen that is manageable will provide excellent results. If you are not satisfied with your appearance after lifestyle modifications then surgery may be an option. 
Good luck 
DrBurnett#realself100

Excellent Candidate

Hello, congratulations you have a very nice structure and figure, liposuction will help you get rid of the stubborn fat. It is true that sometimes it leaves irregularities but if is not performed with extra care by the surgeon. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, tummy fat, exercises, diet, how to tackle stubborn fat

Thank you for your query. From the pictures it appears that liposuction would be a good choice for you. The lumpy appearance of which you seem concerned is unfortunate and not  a common feature. If exercises and diet are not really helping you at this point then liposuction may a good option to get rid of the 'stubborn fat' though you need to be clinically examined by your surgeon to decide on the muscle tightening.Best wishes,Dr Alexander 

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or diet and exercise?

From the photos you submitted, you appear to be at or very near your ideal body weight. Liposuction would be an excellent option to contour the small bulge in the lower half of your abdomen. Contour irregularities can happen but are rare if performed by an experienced surgeon.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

I suggest a female hi def 4D contouring procedure, but if you want to try non invasive options there are treatments avlb.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo or More Diet and Exercise?

My experience is that liposuction works very well for appropriate candidates.  Irregularities can rarely happen but should be exceptional and uncommon.Lipo should not be a substitute for achieving a healthy weight but if you can't rid yourself of excess subq fat, lipo is very beneficial. If you feel that you're at a healthy weight and have stubborn resistant areas of fat storage, then meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.  I am not a fan of freezing but would also have you consider lipo or iLipoXcell non-surgical fat reduction treatments as an option.Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD