Too Much Lipo Done?

I had liposuction two weeks ago on the back of my thighs and I feel like the doctor took too much. My butt feels like it droops on my thighs creating a crease and looking unnatural. Having this new crease is very uncomfortable and it makes me regret surgery. Is there anyway to fix this? How long will it be before I see the final result.

Too soon for Final results

Greetings

Thank you for your questions,  it is too early for any results you will need to be patient to wait longer to see the final results. you need time.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Too Much Lipo Done?

It is too soon to make an accurate assessment. I would recommend that you bide your time for a bit and go from there. It would be very helpful if you would post pictures of yourself though.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Assessing the results of liposuction to soon after the procedure.

Even without pictures I can assure you that there is a sizable amount of swelling. Contour issues a very common in the short term after liposuction. Express your concerns to your surgeon and be faithful to his postoperative instructions.

Thigh Liposuction -- NEEDS VASER and an EXPERT

This is a very common complication, I would wait 3 months and if you are dropping you likely will need fat injected back to this area and the buttock above.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Too much thigh liposuction?

It's a good question.

Removing fat from the back of the thigh can cause this crease to become more noticeable. I would address all of your concerns with your surgeon. Wait at least 3 to 6 months to assess your final result.

Fat grafting to the buttock and posterior thigh can help rotate the buttocks superiorly. Using a powered assisted liposuction cannula the lateral aspect of the lower buttock crease can be released. This helps rotate the buttocks superiorly and minimizes the appearance of the crease on the lateral aspect (outside of the buttock crease). 

Austin Hayes, MD

Liposuction - feels wrong after two weeks.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are still swollen after your liposuction -
  • What you may be feeling is the swelling.
  • I suggest you see your surgeon, point out your concern and discuss what to expect.
  • Until you know there is a problem, there is no need to consider 'fixing' anything.
  • You will need to wait a full six months to see your final result to know what - if anything - is needed.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction overdone

It is too early to tell what your final results will be.  It should take a minimum of 3 months if not longer before the swelling is gone and your final result will be achieved.  Be sure to follow the specific instructions from your plastic surgeon to optimize your results.  If after this time frame you are not satisfied, be sure to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - Was too much removed?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - op recovery period. It will take 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and see your final result. I recommend close follow up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns regarding the appearance of your posterior thighs. Make sure you follow your surgeon's specific post-op instructions regarding the use of compression garments and level of physical activity.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS