Is there anyway to lighten or get rid of all together? If so what would be the best treatment. (photos)

ive had this old chickenpox scar for about 15 years plus. It bothers me so much sometimes i cant even have a conversation with people. Its so dark and deep its hard not to notice. (Thanks in advance)

Chicken pox scar

Thank you for your photo. For older scars that have plateaued in their improvement, microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen. A flat wider scar such as yours can also benefit from subcision and a small amount of filler to make the scar flat with surrounding skin. Finally, a surgical excision and possible tissue rearrangement can break up the line of the scar, make the scar thinner, and improve its appearance. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Scar on Face -- fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, subcision

This type of scar can improve with subcision, fillers and laser treatment or surgical removal. I suggest you speak to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Plato's Scar Serum and subcision for a chicken pox scar

I would begin with Plato's Scar Serum, subcision, fractional laser, and fillers for the chicken pox scars on the face. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS