Why did my left breast stay too high and why does my breast look droopy? What should I ask my surgeon? 2 years post-op (Photos)

Droopy breast high profile implant

Breast are high but Breast tissue is low, what happened?

Hi Glitter,Thanks for your question and photos. It appears that your implants where placed under the muscle which made your breast actually drop more than if they were placed over the muscle. Not for sure unless and exam is done. But certainly a lift would make things look a lot better. You have grade III ptosis or breast droopiness based on your photos but again an exam would help figure that out better. The choice of lift depends on the surgeon and if want an implant size  change. Get several opinions from board certified plastic surgeons. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#Breastlift #BreastAugmentation

Your photos suggest upper poles are level

and that means your breasts were different to start with and you have glandular ptosis and will need a lift or reduction to help reposition nipples in a more desirable position.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implant position

Thank you for sharing. Your breast nipple position and distance seems appropriate for a potential breast lift procedure. The implants may actually be in an appropriate position but your breast may be lower than ideal. A physical exam and comparison to your pre-operative pictures should confirm this. Talk with a board certified plastic surgeon who can appropriately assess and guide you! Best wishes!

Why did my left breast stay too high and why does my breast look droopy? What should I ask my surgeon? 2 years post-op

Please check your preoperative photos and my suspicion is that the left nipple was significantly lower than the right before surgery. I also suspect that she would have benefited from a breast lift in addition to implants..  Please see your plastic surgeon and discuss a breast lift.  For more information

Breast lift

One of your breasts dropper further than the other. You should consider a breast lift.
Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .It also depends on where the blood clot was. You should check with the surgeon of your choice. 

Why did my left breast stay too high and why does my breast look droopy?

You have drooping which existed prior to your augmentation and still exists afterwards. A breast lift can correct this. Why it is worse on one side it hard to say. The implants appear fine.

Left breast too high

Thank you for your question.  The implants are in the correct position but your breast tissue is droopy.  I recommend a mastopexy (lift) which not only will correct the drooping but will bring your nipples up into position and give you a more youthful appearance .  

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. Actually, it looks like in the photo that your implant position is quite good. What you need now is a breast lift to elevate the nipple position, tighten excess skin, and remove some of the stretch marks. I would definitely discuss that w/ your surgeon. That would likely get you the result you are after. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question and photos. It appears that you may need a revision to allow the implants to drop lower and/or a breast lift procedure to elevate the position of your nipples. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can examine you and discuss your goals.
All the best

Breast implants don't look right after 2 years

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.
  • Your photo is very helpful as is your description.
  • Your implants have never settled in place so that are sitting above your breasts.
  • You are right - you need to return to see your surgeon.
  • You will need a revision to release the capsule around the implants so they can settle in place.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS