I'm Japanese/white and would like a more Asian appearance. Is this possible? What would be the best way to achieve it? (Photo)

I have pronounced creases on my eyelids and very little fat under my eyes as well. I'd like like rhinoplasty to shave down the hump on my nose. I'm aware that this is a very unusual (and maybe controversial) question/request but I feel that this is something that would make me a lot more comfortable with my appearance.

You look very Asian

It's not exactly controversial because in my clinic it's a very common requests. In your case I would say you look very Asian because Asians come in a variety of different looks. With respect to the eyes stature everything. I think you look kind of incredible and uniquely beautiful so I wouldn't really mess with it.  That being said there are surgical procedures to lower the creas while simultaneously raising the upper eyelid. It Occasionally you can I just the look of the inner aspect of the crease and make it look more tapered which some of my mixed race patient feels looks "more Asian".  Finally you can add volume to the eyes with fat transfer. I don't think you should do any of these because you're young and gorgeous but keep doing your research I guess.

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid shaping

Liquidsubplane,

First off, your facial structure is quite asian in appearance.  I agree that your lids appear to look more caucasian.  You may consider an upper eyelid blepharoplasty with creation of an epicanthal fold.  This is a very "asian" feature of the eyelids.  Although your crease height appears normal, you could also consider lowering it during the procedure while doing the epicanthal fold.  Hope this helps. Cheers and good luck!

Hugo Higa, MD
Honolulu Oculoplastic Surgeon