Do you think I will look okay with just the implant, and what profile should I go with to achieve goal pictures? (photos)

I don't know my exact measurements. I know I'm borderline lift, like 20 cm from collarbone - nipple. Before kids I wore a 32C or 34C. My current bra size is 32 AA - 32 A. I am severely deflated after nursing two babies until they were almost 2. My PS says I do not need the lift at this time as long as I got with about a 375 cc implant. I'm getting gummy bear silicone by Mentor. My question is, do you think I will look okay with just the implant, and what profile should I go with? Waist is a 00.

Breast lift/ breast augmentation

thank you for your question. It appears from your picture that your nipple is located at level or slightly below your breast fold. If this is the case you would need at least a donut breast lift. This lift has scars around the areola, pain is typically very minimal and recover is fairly quick. There are three different types of lifts: donut, lollipop, and anchor lifts. From the pictures that you have shown, I do not believe a 375cc implant will give you the desired affect. There are three different profiles of gummy bear implants and four different profiles of round silicone implants. It is important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant will give you your desired results. Without examining you it appears that a mentor round ultra high profile implant will give you the size and shape that your pictures portray. In addition I feel that a 375 will be too small to give you your desired result. Please note that these remarks have all been made without examining you. It is important to be examined and properly measured out in order to give you the best recommendation. 

Mentor Breast Implants Without a Lift

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon should measure your base diameter, which is the width of your breast and pick a profile of implant based on that measurement and the size you want to be. It looks like you can probably get away without needing a lift at this time, but you should expect to need one at some point down the road. When I look at the pictures of your desired outcome they look larger to me than a 375cc implant. This being said, for your measurements I think a 375cc implant is a very acceptable size and I think you will be very happy with the results. Best of luck to you.

Do you think I will look okay with just the implant, and what profile should I go with to achieve goal pictures?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  I share your concerns about the potential benefits of breast lifting; in my practice, I would at least discuss the option of a circumareolar (Benelli) breast lift at the time of breast augmentation surgery.  Based on your photographs, I think it is most likely you will benefit from the use of high or ultra high-profile silicone gel breast implants.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon