I am 2 weeks post op. Can I wear a sports bra instead of just a plain soft wireless bra?

When I wear the wireless sauce from my grass start to really bother me throughout the day. When I wear a sports bra I feel like because they are more supported they don't bother me as much. Is it okay for my healing process though to wear a sports bra?

Bra use after augmentation

will vary by surgeon.  My patients are told to wear non-supportive bras as long as their upper poles are fuller than desired and once they get to a 'good enough' look, then they can start supporting their breasts with any bra that is comfortable for them and if underwire is tolerated, there is no reason it cannot be used.  But since every surgeon is different, you should follow your surgeon's protocols.

Breast augmentation and Bras

Thank you for your question. I would discuss with your plastic surgeon about their preference for the type of bra that you should wear postoperatively. As long as there is not an underwire you should be fine. I hope that helps. Good luck. 

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon