I ran into someone's shoulder while playing soccer and my nose is now crooked. Can this be fixed without surgery?

this happened over 3 and a half years ago. and i also find it more difficult to breathe in now.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty / Non Surgical Nose Job

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is a procedure that I popularized 13 years ago and still perform on a daily basis. It works really well for mild to moderate crooked noses. Pictures of your nose would help determine whether you would be a good candidate, but an in person consultation is the only way to know for sure. I like to use either Voluma or Radiesse for the procedure. It takes 5 to 15 minutes to perform, carries minimal risks if any and causes minimal pain. Results are visible immediately afterwards and last for up to a year and a half. There are also permanent option available, using Bellafill, but I recommend that people try the temporary fillers first.
The problem is that you are reporting trouble breathing through your nose. Non Surgical Rhinoplasty really can't help with breathing difficulties. I often recommend trying steroid nasal spray as an easy method of improving nasal breathing before you go for surgery, but again, evaluation of what's going on inside your nose is necessary.
Hope that helps!

Crooked nose

Photographs are key in determining what you need. You will likely need surgery to straighten the nose and improve your breathing. I would recommend an evaluation by a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and concerns. Depending on the degree of curvature this can be a relatively quick and easy surgery or may require more involved reconstruction.

Aric K. Park, MD

Needs an exam

Sometimes a crooked nose can be masked with use of fillers as a non surgical nose job.
More major twists of the nose will need formal surgery.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

Please post photos for further evaluation. For a non-surgical intervention, fillers can be used to sculpt the nose. I tend to use a lot of Voluma for this area and achieve great results. I suggest a physician who is an expert in facial contouring to do a formal assessment. Dr. Emer

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty candidate

When the nose  has been broken, twisted and displaced on a permanent basis, it will require surgery to straighten it. This is considered a rhinoplasty procedure which involves osteotomies of the nasal bones to reset them straight. Ocascionally, a spreader graft is required when the upper lateral cartilages have become fractured off of the nasal bones as well.  A thorough examination of the internal portion of the nose is required to determine what is causing the nasal obstruction, such as a deviated nasal septum. A septoplasty is performed to improve air flow through the nose, once medical necessity has been documented.  Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Depending on your examination, a crooked nasal appearance may be improved with a non-surgical rhinoplastic procedure.

Adding volume to the concave portion of your nose may result in a wider nasal appearance, and non-surgical rhinoplastic procedures would not improve your nasal airway. Consider consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist, or re-asking your question with photos.

Hope this helps.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon