I want to get a fat transfer to my buttocks but I really have no idea of where I should even begin?

Fat transfer to the buttock

I recommend doing some research about the procedure itself and the risks. Then research some board certified plastic surgeons in your area and choose a few to visit in consultation. After going to a few consultations you will learn more about the procedures and hopefully find a qualified surgeon who you are comfortable with. Look at as many before and after photos from that surgeon and as many online reviews as possible. Take your time, this is an elective procedure so there is no rush.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

It is best to seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have your procedure done with.  You can go online and look at a couple in your area and then possibly email them through their website to obtain information.  It is best to look at the doctors before and after photos as well as their online reviews.

Where to begin ?

Great question! And every patient  initially has had that same question in their mind. 

I would  start with a broad search for a plastic surgeon that has excellent reviews. I would use reviews as your main decision for your care.  I would recommend that you go to the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons website  and look for a list of AOA board-certified plastic surgeon's in your area.  I would review their before after pictures and patient reviews about their care.  I would recommend that you concentrate on plastic surgeons that are specialized from their experience from performing numerous amounts of BBL cases.   I would also recommend you see them in a personal consultation at their office so that you can get a feel for their bedside manner in person. 

I wish you well on your BBL journey, James McAdoo DO FACOS

• AOA dual board certified general and plastic reconstructive surgeon 
  • Microsurgery fellowship trained 
  • 33,000 operative cases performed 
  • 10,000 BBL cases specialist 

BBL

You can start by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites and finding board certified plastic surgeon in your area to see for consultation.

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your question.The realization of a surgery plastic is a decision that should be taken with much caution, is by this that you recommend first search the list of surgeons certified of the country where think make you this procedure, know of it training academic of the doctor and their photos of procedures and then make a consultation.
Best wishes

Ramon Morales, MD

Butt transfer, where to begin?

Hi Alli,Thanks for your question and photos. You have stared in a good way by using realself. I would see several websites and look at before and after photos. Then based on what you see, get several consultations with these board certified surgeons! Again keep your expectations real as what sometimes is found online is NOT reality and some patients show butt implants with fat and the results is not just one procedure but two. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#buttlift #BBL

BBL

Thank you for your question.The first step would be to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area then you want to look at some of their before and after photographs to see if you like what that doctor is able to achieve with fat grafting. Then you would want to schedule a consultation or a couple consultations to get multiple opinions, and have a physical examination of your body to see if you are a candidate and if you are, which areas you wish to have liposuctioned to harvest the fat to graft. Once you have found a surgeon that you feel comfortable with and can achieve the results that you desire, you will want to make sure that you are financially able to afford the procedure and find out if they offer payment plans if you need that option. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Braz

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon