Would a non-surgical nose job fix the asymmetry to my nose? Or would surgical be a better route? (Photos)

I have read that "crooked" noses tend to have better results with surgery. In my case, I want to research all options before making that decision. The nose is the center, the focal point, the heart of the face and I do not want it more ruined than it already is. My main thing is - I want my nose, just want it straight. My nose was crooked since a young age, and I believe it is because I lack cartilage on one side of my nose, and my nose has little structure when you feel it with your hands.

Rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose

In our practice, we do not recommend non-surgical fillers as a replacement for a surgical rhinoplasty procedure. The fillers are not FDA approved for that application, can have significant complications, and are only temporary. A surgical rhinoplasty involves straightening the nasal bones and having a cartilage graft placed on the concave side to straighten the entire nose. A tip rhinoplasty is required  when the tip is crooked. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor, and one of the most complicated procedures  in the entire field of plastic surgery,  so choose your surgeon very widely based on producing natural results consistently.

Surgery or no surgery

Typically, surgery is better to correct crooked or deviated noses since that is a bony and cartilage structural issue. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is best for building a bridge, camouflaging a hump, adding more tip definition. Good luck. Best, Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Rhinoplasty

In some instances, nonsurgical rhinoplasty can improve the appearance and symmetry of the nose. Based on your photos, the tip of your nose as well as the dorsum of your nose is deviated to the right. Due to the deviation being the source of asymmetry, nonsurgical rhinoplasty will not be able to create significantly greater symmetry and the best option to achieve symmetry will be surgical rhinoplasty.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

If the problem is on the nasal dorsum and not so much the tip, fillers can help and it looks as if fillers could be an alternative option for you.  Best, Dr. Emer.