Am I a good candidate for fat transfer? (Photo)

I've had previous intestinal surgery as a kid and I have scars on my stomach that makes me have protruding in three areas, would there be an issue getting fat removed from my abdomen area.

Fat grafting

Thanks for your question. I would probably get a CT scan of your abdomen first to be sure there no hernias that could be injured during the fat harvesting (liposuction) component. I would imagine that you could safely get enough fat to use for fat grafting from your sides, or perhaps even your thighs. If your question is more about re-shaping your abdomen, you may want to post your question in the "Liposuction" category. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Fat Removal After Stomach Surgery

You can have liposuction AND you can have these scars repaired with the right combination treatment.  In my practice we do liposuction along with hernia/surgical/abdominal repair.  Best, Dr. Emer.