Will my fat transfer work?

i am having surgery to remove a pocket (capsule with fluid) from my right butt cheek and a fat graft to the same side during the same procedure. will the fat survive even if i have surgery in that area? thank you!

Fat transfer during Seroma removal, Good Idea or Not?

HI FixmeDoc,Thanks for your question. It all depends on where the fat is being placed. It will not work if it is placed into the exact pocket where the seroma or fluid collection was removed. It would work in areas where it was not removed or where the incision went through. I would advice that you discuss with your plastic surgeon as they know what is being removed and where. If your not sure, seek more opinions in person from board certified plastic surgeons that have done this before. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#BBL #seromaremoval

Fat Transfer

Thanks for your question.  Some of the fat will survive as long as it is injected in the proper location.  If it is injected into the dead space where the capsule and implant was removed, that fat may not survive.  I hope this helps.  Best of luck!

Eugene Kim, MD

Seroma and Fat Grafting

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. It is hard to answer this question.  It depends on the cause, size, and location of the seroma.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist