I'm a deployed AD male looking to get neck lift/jawline implants, aka tom cruise. How do I find the best surgeon, LA/Phx?(photo)

Everyone stores fat in different places and well mine is stored in my neck. I have a decent jawline but as i get older, 32 yrs, my fat is collecting beneath my jawline. Nothing bad but I would like a more predominate jawline. Im saving up my money from this deployment and want to get surgery. Im not rich and just want to make sure I get the best surgeon for the job. Im also scared i might mess up my face. Any advice or direction you can offer.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

32 y/o male, want to get the best surgeon. Im also scared i might mess up my face. Any advice or direction?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping and contouring procedures using dermal fillers or facial implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce any excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  This can be combined with liposuction to remove excess skin or with excess skin removal using the same incision under the chin for implant placement.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon