Why aren't clients getting results from the CoolSculpting procedure?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It is niot for everyone
Please see an experienced physician 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Results from CoolSculpting Procedure

A patient can expect to achieve a 20 to 25% fat reduction in the treated area with one treatment.  The results are not seen immediately but can be seen as early as three weeks post procedure, however final results are not achieved until 3 to 4 months.  It is important that patients understand that sometime multiple treatments may be required in order to see the best overall results based on their expectations.  It is also important that a patient is properly accessed and the treatment is performed correctly by a trained professional. 

CoolSculpting Results

Here at Premier Plastic Surgery Center of New Jersey we believe that setting the right patient expectations from the start is the most important towards overall patient satisfaction. Our patients understand that results are not immediate and it can take three to four months to see the final result. Patients also know that multiple treatments to achieve optimal results are recommended. 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

In our practice what we have seen is that patients generally see a 20 to 25% reduction in the fat layer at the treatment sites after the first treatment and then another 20 to 25% improvement is driven by a second treatment 30 days after the first. To be conservative we generally say that patients should expect to see about a 40% reduction in the fat layer at the treated areas. To speak to patients who are displeased with the procedure, I would say that patient selection is by far the most important thing when it comes to running a successful aesthetic practice. Not only does the patient need to understand what a technology is capable of but also how long the results take to be seen, in the instance of CoolSculpting we see full results at about 3 months after the first treatment. Also treatment sites are defined by what is actually able to be pulled up into the applicator when you go for your consultation have them show you the applicators that will be used and you will get a feel for the volume of fat that will be able to be treated with each treatment. I waited a long time to invest in noninvasive fat reduction technologies because historically this has been a category which has seen many devices that provided little to no results but when CoolSculpting came to market it really caught my attention and I can tell you that in having it here in the office for the last year we have treated hundreds of patients and I have to say I have been quite pleased with the results that we have been able to deliver. This technology is a core component of our practice and as such we have invested significant resources in sending our staff to CoolSculpting University at the corporate headquarters in California and have purchased two machines and duplicates of every applicator in order to be able to deliver twice the results in half the time.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting and Results

Coolsculpting is a great non-surgical procedure and we have had fabulous results.  The problem with certain patients not getting desired results may have to do with patient selection and placement of the applicator.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with coolsculpting.

Thank you for your question. We see incredible results at our clinic. There are many reasons why the results may be minimal, 2 of the main reasons that come to mind are 1) right candidate and 2) Proper placement of applicator.

Hope this helps,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolscultping results

Like any procedure, patient selection and setting expectations is very important.  I have had tremendously happy patients with Coolsculpting.  If I feel like other body contouring options would provide them with a better result, then I will discuss these as well and help them understand the benefits/limits/trade-offs of each option.  I would recommend that you visit with a Coolsculpting provider that is well versed in the procedure as well as other invasive/non-invasive options so you can determine what is the best option for you.

Results

Just like any other kind of procedure, Coolsculpting is not for everyone...  you need to have pinch-able, fluffy fat.  I have seen patients that have been treated elsewhere and that were not happy because they really needed a tummy-tuck, for example.  You need to give people the right treatment for their specific issue.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Why you may not have received results from Coolsculpting

Unfortunately, not every potential patient is a candidate for ideal results from Coolsculpting.  Patients with loose skin, fibrous fat, or visceral fat would not be the optimum patient and will probably only have minimal results, if any at all.  The ideal candidate would be someone who has "pinch-able"  fat in stubborn areas, and many patients will need more than one treatment.

The other reason one may not see results could be due to operator error.  The message timing and technique is absolutely crucial to this treatment, and can affect up to 60% of the outcome.  It is advisable to make sure your Coolsculpting technician is highly trained and experience, has attended Coolsculpting University, and is supervised by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Coolsculpting results

Thank you for your question.  Much like any procedure, the results from coolscultping are largely dependent on the selection of the proper patient.  In a good candidate for coolsculpting, the results are very predictable, with roughly 25% fat reduction in the treated area.  The proper candidate is otherwise fit with a localized area of fat and good overlying skin tone.  Many of the people that are not getting the results that the hoped for are not optimal candidates, and would have been better treated by other methods.
In order to get the best results, you should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon well versed in various methods of body contouring and sculpting.  They will be able to discuss the specific options for your individual body and help you determine what would work best for you.
Best of luck with your Coolsculpting.
Jeff Rockmore