Would Cellfina work on dimples on the front of legs?

My dimples are not only on buttocks and posterior thighs, but all over the front of my thighs, down to my knee caps. I am 47 yo, 5'3" tall,weigh 125 lbs, work out regularly, have good muscle tone and am not overweight (BMI 22). My problem areas have always been my legs.

I appreciate your question.

Cellfina is an excellent treatment for dimpling associated with cellulite. It works very well on the buttocks and outer thighs but can also be used anteriorly on the legs with success.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Cellfina front of thighs....

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina works amazingly for dimple cellulite, it can be used anteriorly on the legs with success, just make sure the guide plate is placed parallel to your legs to mitigate against potential side effects.  Please follow up with your board certified Derm/PS for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina for dimples on the front of legs?

Cellfina is a great treatment for dimples associated with cellulite. It works well on the buttocks and outer thighs but can be used in other areas such as the front of the legs, if appropriate.Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation and discussion of options. 

Cellfina improvement for thighs, front of thighs, and buttocks

Cellfina improvement for thighs, front of thighs,  and buttocksRight now, cellfina is FDA approved for the buttocks and posterior thighs.  We do a combined approachCellfina Platinum which uses other treatments at the same time to improve the anterior thighs and the results on the buttocks and posterior thights

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina and top of the thighs

Cellfina works extremely well where the cellulite is anchored in the thicker skin of the buttocks and backs of the thighs. The cobblestone appearance of the thinner skin of the  front the thighs is different than the thicker skin of the buttocks and back of the thighs. I use Cellfina on the back of the thighs and buttock areas and use Cellulaze on the top of the thighs. In time it may be shown that Cellfina can help on the front of the thighs as well.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Thank you for your questions. If you are a candidate for Cellfina it is the longest lasting FDA cleared treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years. It has a very high patient satisfaction rate and results can be seen in as little as a few days. It targets the structural cause of cellulite by treating the cellulite causing bands. I would recommend a consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Cellfina is a great treatment I am the national training site for this and it can work in ways on other areas than its approval of buttock and back of thighs.  Please get a formal evaluation to see what is best.  Sometimes surgery is a better option but you need to see an expert.  Dr. Emer.

Cellfina Provides Improvement In Cellulite That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. It is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Cellfina has received FDA clearance for the treatment of cellulite of the buttocks and back of the thighs. In these ares cellulite is frequently isolated dimple.  Cellfina is less effective for treatment of the cobblestone appearance or generalized waviness seen with skin laxity. We are currently expanding our indications to treat isolated dimples of the lateral thigh and inner thighs. With time, further studies will be completed to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Cellfina in other areas.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina candidate

I have used Cellfina on the anterior thigh and in the area just above the knee.  It is important to discuss these smaller areas.  Cellfina can release the area.  Depending on the skin in that area other therapies can be used to improve the tightness of that skin.