Would Cellfina work on dimples on the front of legs?

My dimples are not only on buttocks and posterior thighs, but all over the front of my thighs, down to my knee caps. I am 47 yo, 5'3" tall,weigh 125 lbs, work out regularly, have good muscle tone and am not overweight (BMI 22). My problem areas have always been my legs.

Cellfina front of thighs....

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina works amazingly for dimple cellulite, it can be used anteriorly on the legs with success, just make sure the guide plate is placed parallel to your legs to mitigate against potential side effects.  Please follow up with your board certified Derm/PS for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cell

I appreciate your question.

Cellfina is an excellent treatment for dimpling associated with cellulite. It works very well on the buttocks and outer thighs but can also be used anteriorly on the legs with success.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Cellfina for dimples on the front of legs?

Cellfina is a great treatment for dimples associated with cellulite. It works well on the buttocks and outer thighs but can be used in other areas such as the front of the legs, if appropriate.Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation and discussion of options. 

Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina for cellulite on buttocks and thighs. Be cautious on lower forward thighs

Cellfina works well often on cellulite but there can be side effects such as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (dark spots from your own pigment darkening after the treatment in the insertion sites) and there can be sagging of skin if it is used on linear grooves rather than cellulite dimples. It is not FDA cleared for the lower anterior (frontal) thighs and I would be cautious considering to have it done in that location. If for some reason you are unhappy with its appearance it won't be as easy to hide with certain clothing than if only the higher thighs or buttocks were treated.

Some patients do well with other treatments such as thermitight which also is minimally invasive as is Cellfina or the non-invasive Thermi250 (ThermiSmooth)

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for the question. Cellfina will work for the dimples (cellulite) on buttocks, thighs and will also work for posterior thighs. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure it is cellulite and not rippling or saggy skin which is common on those areas. 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS

Cellfina Treatment Areas

Cellfina is FDA cleared for the buttocks and the back of the thighs. While the Cellfina System has been used to treat other areas “off-label,” it would be best to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation to see if Cellfina can help you meet your individual goals. Good luck in your research!

Jerome H. Liu, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina improvement for thighs, front of thighs, and buttocks

Cellfina improvement for thighs, front of thighs,  and buttocksRight now, cellfina is FDA approved for the buttocks and posterior thighs.  We do a combined approachCellfina Platinum which uses other treatments at the same time to improve the anterior thighs and the results on the buttocks and posterior thights

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cellfina and top of the thighs

Cellfina works extremely well where the cellulite is anchored in the thicker skin of the buttocks and backs of the thighs. The cobblestone appearance of the thinner skin of the  front the thighs is different than the thicker skin of the buttocks and back of the thighs. I use Cellfina on the back of the thighs and buttock areas and use Cellulaze on the top of the thighs. In time it may be shown that Cellfina can help on the front of the thighs as well.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Cellfina

Thank you for your questions. If you are a candidate for Cellfina it is the longest lasting FDA cleared treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years. It has a very high patient satisfaction rate and results can be seen in as little as a few days. It targets the structural cause of cellulite by treating the cellulite causing bands. I would recommend a consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon