Breast Revision - Pocket and/or Implant Exchange (had vertical lift w/ implants, 350cc Mentor Smooth Round 10.5 wks ago) (photo)

I was told I'd have 350/375cc, now 350cc in both. From the beginning, the right breast has been droopy, slopes down w/out any upper volume, and wide. Starts at my armpit and falls into my underarm when I lie down. Left breast is firm, raised up off of my chest and has upper pole volume and curved definition where it begins a bit below my underarm and doesn't fall when I lie down. Not sure if my areolas are too low. What type of revision do I need to correct the right to look like my left?

Breast Implant/Lift Revision?

At 10.5 weeks post surgery it's still to soon to draw any conclusions about what specifically is wrong and therefore decide what to do to fix it. You will still have some swelling at this point and your implants will likely settle more over time. Right now it looks like theimplant is positioned higher on your left side. This may settle, or a revision may only involve lowering the implant on that side. Your right side certainly lacks volume in the upper pole. You didn't specify, but did you have saline implants? It almost looks like you have an implant deflation on that side. If so, then things won't improve over time, and revision would obviously include replacing that implant. 

Patience is required

at this point as you must heal before problems can fully be appreciated.  Yes, one is larger and fuller and you will have to decide on what side you like better when you're healed so a plan can be formulated to best address the issues.  Your surgeon should be as motivated to achieve the best outcome possible so make sure you are letting your surgeon know.  Also, find out what the revision policy is so you will know what costs you are looking at as well.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast revision

I would wait until 6 months before contemplating a procedure to lower the high implant. As far as volume goes, fat grafting has worked well for my patients in adjusting small volume differences after implants. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Revision

The problem is not in the fact that you wanted an extra 25 cc on that side, that is too small a difference to make a difference. The problem lies in the difference in pockets. The left breast pocket is tighter and smaller than the right so the implants sit differently on your chest. If you want to make the left pocket bigger, that can be done anytime, but you should wait another 2-3 months if you want the right pocket smaller. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Revision - Pocket and/or Implant Exchange (had vertical lift w/ implants, 350cc

My advice for you is to wait for incision relaxation and implant settling until you've reached six months after your procedure.  At that point you 'll  be evaluated for nipple position and symmetry and formulate a plan for revision (if needed).  I think that it's too early to formulate a plan at this stage.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Bd of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, CA 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Revision

Thank you for your question and photos but an examination is really needed to understand your concerns.  So see some experts in your area and become better informed

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Implant revision

I am not quite sure what is happening with your implants, it could be capsule formation.  I would be patient and wait another 3 months, if your asymmetry is still present, re-visit with your plastic surgeon and formulate a plan to correct the problem.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision - Pocket and/or Implant Exchange (had vertical lift w/ implants, 350cc Mentor Smooth Round 10.5 wks ago?

Hello SunnyPhx and thanks for your question.  I am sorry your results are not what you anticipated. While the photos are helpful, nothing replaces an in-person examination. In your case, you are still recently out from surgery and your implants may be dropping at different rates. In addition, each breast needs to be treated as an individual and that means they will be similar but never perfectly symmetrical. Waiting is difficult but you should allow your results time to mature - 6 months minimum -  and maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure you heal well. If at that time, you continue to be unhappy perhaps revision breast surgery including a vertical breast lift to place the nipples higher and get a different implant size might be discussed. Best wishes always, Dr ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD