Should I get a breast lift with implants or would implants alone be enough to restore the fullness of my breast? (Photo)

I'm a mother of 1 and breast feed my child for over a year. I use to be a full C small D before I got pregnant and now I'm a deflated B. I would like to get back to a full C and I'm Hoping an implant (not sure what kind) would be enough to give my Breast the fullness it needs to go back to that size without having to do a lift. Your professional opinion would be most appreciated :)

Do I need a lift to restore full mess to my breast during augmentation?

Thanks so much for your question.  I'm sure you would rather be told no, but my professional opinion is you do need a lift. Based on your photos I don't think you would be happy without one.  I know that it is more surgery but it will give a better long term result.  Good luck. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a breast lift with implants or would implants alone be enough to restore the fullness of my breast?

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo the nipples are below the fold under your breast and you will need a breast lift plus implants. To understand the risks of not having a lift please read below:

Augmentation Mastopexy to Correct Ptosis from Weight Loss, Pregnancies and Breastfeeding

An ideal #candidate for a #BreastLift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #sagging breasts due to past pregnancies and #breastfeeding; both which increase breast #ptosis. Also, when many women lose #weight, their breasts lose weight as well. There may also be some sagging of their breasts due to the weight change. These women are potential candidates for a breast lift.
A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. Those with breast #sagging or #ptosis experience improvements with the surgery. Also, the procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired as well. It's during this procedure, the nipple and areolae can be corrected, if necessary, to the desired size and at the correct height.
Some patients will achieve a better result by increased the fullness often lost with child-bearing, with the addition of an #implant with the mastopexy, known as Augmentation Mastopexy. In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
All in all, an elevated, more youthful breast can be a satisfying result for the patient.

Hello! Thank you for your question! The mastopexy procedure raises the breast, which ultimately provides a more youthful and perky breasts. This is done by removing the extra loose skin and rearranging the surrounding breast tissue in order to reshape and support the newly formed breast. At the same time, the nipple-areolar complex (NAC) is raised to the ideal position above the fold beneath your breast (the inframammary fold) as well as being placed at the most projecting portion. Oftentimes with age or following pregnancy, the NAC becomes widened and enlarged. This may be reduced in size during the breast lift procedure.

It is common for the breast to lose its firmness and uplifted appearance over time, which is also accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This results in breast ptosis, or sagging of the breast, with a “deflated” appearance. Women seek the mastopexy procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once achieving this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. Given your appearance and desires, I would consider a breast lift to improve the shape and drooping of the breasts along with implants to achieve greater fullness and size.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Implant together with Mastopexia

Thanks for the photos.

You need a breast implant with mastopexia.

If you prefer C cup, bigger implants should be used.The implants shape should be with high profile and round.

After the procedure there will be a lollipop scar which will be nearly invisible in between 1 year.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with lift

It is very difficult to determine the best lift if any you will need or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants:

#breastimplant
#breastaugmentation
#breastliftwithimplants

Breast Lift with Implants

Based on your photos your breast are sagging.  The lift will correct the shape while implants will add volume.  Breast implants are fillers and will not change the shape.  Implants alone will give you large saggy breast.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lift and implants

Recommend Submuscular implants and a breast lift. You have severe grade 3 skin laxity that would require a formal or anchor scar lift. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos.  People who present with the degree of sagging that is evident in the photos one would most certainly benefit from a lift at the same time as an augmentation.  Start with a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Breast Surgery.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon