Did I need a breast lift, I have a breast augmentation 3 months ago. (photo)

Hi I'm a 31 years old I 2 kids, 3 months ago I get a breast augmentation whit 400cc uhp silicon implants. I ask my doctor if I needed a breast lift n he said no, but its been 3 months n I'm not happy with the resort I think they look so sage, I don't like the projection. Please help what I can do about it I'm so depressed every time I see my breast all I want to do is cry.

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question and photo.  Your nipple position appears to be a bit low on the photo and you have a fair amount of tissue hanging below the bottom crease of the breast.  You would benefit from a lift to give your breast a more youthful appearance.  It is not uncommon to to a lift as a second surgery if you are uncertain at the time of the augmentation if a lift is needed.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Lift

While the photo is not the best view, it does look like you might need a lift to raise the nipple areola complex in a better position. Good luck.

Too lift or not to lift my breast, that is the question.

Hi Diana, Thanks for your question and photos. It is hard to tell exactly what you need from the angle of the photo but it certainly seems like you need a lift. Ultra high profile does NOT lift the breast and sometimes makes the breast seem more saggy if not done properly likely done over the muscle if under the muscle it creates a more droopy breast. It seems that you need a complete revision with high profile implants not ultra high. I usually use high and not ultra high unless tissue is missing like breast cancer patients or people born without any breast tissue which does not appear to be your case. Go get options from several board certified breast specialists. Hope this helps!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #breastlift #revisionbreastsurgery Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift after augmentation.

From your photographs, it seems that you could get a very nice, perky result, with a lift. I would have my patients wait a bit longer, maybe 6 to 12 weeks, before proceeding with the surgery.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy

Hello,You do need a lift.  Abandon your surgeon and visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I need a breast lift

Hi Diana,   I think that a breast lift would help with the sagging that yo notice. It is important to wait a bit before proceeding with a breast lift at this point because your breasts are still swollen from the breast augmentation. I would estimate that you would need to wait at least another 6 months before having the surgery, but you should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon at any time.Best Wishes,Dr. Christine Rodgers

3 months after breast aug-lift?

Your photo is difficult to use to judge but it does appear that a lift would improve your situation.  Watch the video above for a discussion of two types of lifts but a face to face exam is necessary for optimal advice.  Another question is whether UHProfile is best for you and whether it can be left in place or should be changed.  Sorry for your disappointment.Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for taking the time to post a question. You are still early after surgery and your breasts will change and settle for another few months. It is difficult to tell from the angle of the picture that you posted but I do see the droopiness that bothers you. A breast lift would definitely improve this. Talk with your surgeon about your goals and what can be done to achieve them. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

Revision

You will need reconstruction including replacement and breast lift. The bottoming out will require capsular sling. Please seek advice of breast revision specialist in your area 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Implants

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.The #AugmentationMastopexy involves placing a small implant at the time of the #mastopexy to add volume or contour the upper breast.   Another option is the #NaturalBreastLift  or #CaliforniaBreastLift  which places fat in the upper breast instead of an implant to help the shape of the breast. Because at times the implant alone gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations. From your current concern it appears that a breast lift can be done for modification of your augmentation in order to improve shape and fullness as well as positioning. It would be a good idea to see your same surgeon with you questions and find out more about having the lift completed in addition. Best of luck!