Breast Infection; what do I do? (Photo)

4 weeks ago had Mastopexy,no implants, inframammory fold lifted,one suture opened up,infected.Clindamycin 7 days, no improvement, cephalexin 2 days,No fever,whiteblood cell count 6 (higher than normal). Received 4 bags of vancomycin. 2nd breast opened up with same suture wound. 2 infected breasts.Now on ciproflaxacin & linezolid for a week,no improvement. Dakin's on wounds.Culture:corynebacterium species light growth, yeast scant growth, non-lactose fermenting gram negative bacilli-scant growth.

Hello and thank you for your question. I definitely hope that your sutures are healing better, but if you are still feeling pain or infection it would be best to see your surgeon right away in order to have the area evaluated. They will be able to offer corrections or medications to clear up any infection, and make sure that your healing progress continues well. Best of luck!

How to treat a breast infection?

Hi HappyAz,Thanks for your question and photos. Breast infections after lifts can be challenging especially if your surgeon has no idea how to treat it. I would recommend continuing your antibiotics per your infectious disease doctors recommendations. As far as the breast. I have treated a patient similar to you and in your situation, but the infection was MRSA. I ended up taking to the operating room and washing the wound and cleaning it out  4 times till the body had enough circulation to get the antibiotics the areas of infection. Sometimes when breast lifts or breast reductions are done, the fat dies, or you get fat necrosis which is the perfect place for bacteria to grow. So discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Good Luck! It will takes weeks before it gets better.   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #breastlift #breastinfection Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Infection after breast enhancement

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
After all this time an infectious disease doctor should be involved in your care. Your white count is normal, however a physical exam is granted to have a more accurate approach.Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey