Can your breast implants sag after a month of your surgery?

I have 31 years old n a had a breast augmentation a month 4 weeks ago, I have a 400cc ultra high profile silicon. Before the surgery I was a 34 Full B cup. But I'm noticing that my breast look so saggy. I'm so unhappy with the way they look. Is this normal n is there something I can do about it!

4 week lost breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. Implants do drop or expand the lower pole over a period of 3-6 months.  So what you are experiencing is normal. If the result is not what you were expecting then please discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck.  

Did you need a breast lift?

Thanks for your question. It is possible that you may have also needed a breast lift in addition to breast implants. This can only be confirmed on examination.  In my office, patients with sagging will be recommended a vertical or anchor breast lift and implants combination if they want the sagging to be reduced, lift the nipples to a more ideal location, and have better long term results. Implants only will sometimes lead to "low big" breasts or a "snoopy" breast where the implant is high but the breast remains low. Speak with your surgeon about this concern, but getting a second opinion is a good idea.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Sagging implant after breast aug surgery

It is difficult to assess without a photo, however, often an implant requires 3-4 months to drop. After that period, if your breasts appear to sag over your implants, then an additional procedure with a donut (confined around the nipple) or full breast lift may be required. In the mean time, be patient and see your plastic surgeon for assurance.

Sean T. Lille, MD

Implants don't sag

but if your pocket was dissected excessively large, they can descend more than desired... or if  you had drooping to start with, your implants will not fix that.  Posting photos of your before and current appearances would have been better to allow more objective responses.

Curtis Wong, MD