I was wondering if you can remove some of thigh fat and move it to your butt? (Photos)

I was wondering if you can remove some of thigh fat and move it to your butt. All my life I been having huge thighs , I have tried doing butterflies and every exercise to reduce my thighs. On the other hand I have no butt , so I was wondering if I can have fat transfer.

Fat Transfer

Thank you for posting your question. The procedure you are referring to is the Brazilian Butt Lift and it has become a quite popular procedure lately. Fat is usually removed from saddlebags, inner thighs, and abdominal area. From your picture, it is hard to tell whether you have enough fat at your thighs or mostly muscles. Since half of transferred fat is eventually reabsorbed by the body, it is hard to achieve volume augmentation without enough fat. I recommend consulting with an experienced, board certified physician in-person to find out whether you are a good candidate for this procedure. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thigh liposuction and fat transfer?

Your photos aren't convincing whether you do or do not have fat for liposuction.  Meet with a bd certified surgeon for a consultation to determine how much fat is present beneath your skin and whether you are a good candidate.  The typical areas are the saddlebags and inner thighs, less common the upper back of the thighs and front surface of the thighs.  At your age skin elasticity should be very good and your results would be expected to be impressive (if fat is present).  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

YES thigh fat is great to remove and then place into the buttock. This gives a more contoured lower body.  See a VASER 4D contouring expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Can you remove thigh fat and move it to your butt?

Most definitely. Fat Transfer to the butt is also called a Brazilian Butt Lift. Fat is most often harvested from the love handles or abdomen or thighs or some combination depending on the patient.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon