I'm going in for BAE. What size should I go, above or underneath the muscle & what's the avg. cost? (photos)

My implants are saline, 350cc, above the muscle and 20 years old. My RHS has ruptured and I need a Breast Augmentation Exchange. I DO NOT want a lift! I am 5'8 and 165 pds. What size do you think would be appropriate, should I go above or under the muscle and what is the average price for this procedure? Thank you.

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm going in for BAE. What size should I go, above or underneath the muscle & what's the avg. cost?

If you're happy with your current look and the saline implants, then could simply exchange the implants with saline above the muscle. This would decrease cost and should keep your local the same. Placing implants under the muscle, will make the implants look too high compared to the breast sagging that you currently have.

There are a number of issues here.  First is whether you want to stay with saline or change to silicone.  If you are not unhappy with the feel of the saline implant and you don't mind the risk that a deflation might happen again, there is no reason to change.  Depending on how long ago you had this done, the implant manufacturer will either give you two new implants (yes, you should change both, even if you are staying with the saline, so that the warranty will be reset on both sides) or that plus paying surgical fees.Second, if there is no capsular contracture that requires correction (and there does not seem to be on the left at least) there is no reason to switch to under the muscle.  And with the sag that you do have ( and that will remain uncorrected without a lift) placing the implants under the muscle would give you a poor aesthetic result.Third is size.  How big do you want to be?  Your left breast looks proportionate, but the photo is limited in that regard.  Increasing the size will not correct the breast sag.  Only a lift will alter that.  But you are correct, if you are happy with the look of your breasts, leave them alone.As regards costs, it all depends on the warranty that you have and whether you wish to change to silicone.  Your plastic surgeon's staff can help you with that.  If possible, return to your original surgeon.  Most plastic surgeons will give discounts to returning patients.Good luck.  

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon