Would it be best if I avoid lipo in flanks? I don't have too much fat in my flanks or upper belly (Photos)

What type of lipo would you recommend if any for my case?

Would it be best if I avoid lipo in flanks? I don't have too much fat in my flanks or upper belly

From your images it appears that you have a modest amount of excess fat but a significant amount of excess skin and stretch marks. Stretch marks are, essentially, tears of the dermis, the foundation layer of the skin. They can sometimes be improved by certain treatments but, when combined with abdominal wall laxity, such as that which occurs after pregnancy, they need to be removed along with abdominal wall tightening (tummy tuck). Without a physical  examination it is difficult to be any more specific. I recommend that you see a local Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic Surgery. Good luck!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of my flanks?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• Your photos suggest that you have one one or more children with loose skin and loose muscles.
  • If you are planning a tummy tuck, a little liposuction can be done at the sides if needed.
  • It isn't clear from the photo if it does need to be done -
  • An examination will give you the answer to your question.
    If you are just planning liposuction, I am concerned you will end up with loose skin and not a lot of improvement.
  • Be sure you are seeing a qualified plastic surgeon and understand the right procedure to get the best result.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Abdominoplasty

You are not a good candidate for liposuction alone on your belly.  You would benefit from a tummy tuck. The type of liposuction doesn't matter. Really. What matters is your surgeon's training, experience, and skill. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Would it be best if I avoid lipo in flanks? I don't have too much fat in my flanks or upper belly.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination the picture of you seated is concerning for excess abdominal skin and fat that may leave you with a worsened appearance with liposuction alone.  It appears instead that you would benefit from a skin excision procedure such as a tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get the best treatment recommendation.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting +/- Tummy Tuck

This type of liposuction for athletic patients needs more contouring and shaping like a HI DEF 4D contouring procedure.  However, if you have any loose skin this needs to be treated differently.  A formal consultation is needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Where to liposuction or liposculpt?

Hi MommyofAngels,

Thanks for your question and photos. You certainly could benefit from liposuction but you have loose skin above your belly button. Liposuction helps to decrease fat and tightens the skin some but not back to normal. You may need a tummy tuck as when you sit you have extra skin. I recommend getting an in person consultation for a better assessment with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs liposuction. Liposuctioning your upper and lower abdomen and flanks could give an overall better shape. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@time4mom @liposuction @docmata #drcarlosmata

Lipo vs TT

Thank you for the question but what is needed is a full examination to determine what might give you the best result.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and become informed 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Lipo

There are several options to improve the contours of your midsection. Liposuction should work well, it doesn't really matter what type.  You may also consider noninvasive options, such as Coolsculpting and Ultrashape. 

Liposculpture

I think you would enhance your shape with lipo sculpting of your flanks, love handles, and upper and lower abdomen. You have some skin laxity that will limit how small you can get. You may want to consider some version of a tuck.  Find an experienced lipo focused surgeon. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS