475cc in right breast 425cc in left breast too big for me. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 12th and my choice was 475cc in right breast and 425cc in the other, but after reading other reviews I'm afraid I am going to be too big. I'm short 5 feet have wide hips weigh 126lbs( I'm a little heavy normally I weigh 122) and am currently wearing a 34a/b a would like to end up a 34d / big c .

Implant Size for a Small Frame

Thank you for your question. I would suggest returning to your plastic surgeon's office to re-evaluate the size. It does seem large for your frame. Your plastic surgeon should measure your base diameter/ width of your breast. You should not choose an implant larger than what fits into that width. Vectra 3D imaging can help with choosing a size as well as the Mentor sizing kit. Good luck to you.

475cc in right breast 425cc in left breast too big for me. Any suggestions?

Implants over 350 cc in general will have "issues" over time. I learned this from Dr. John Tebbetts who pioneered "24 Hour Recovery". If you want lifetime devices you want to choose smaller implants. However "go big or go home" is important and you may be happy with the larger implants initially but be prepared for "bottoming out" and implants moving to the side when you lie down. There are no magic solutions and no way to dial in a "big C or D". One nice possible option depending on the amount of fat you have is to use the smaller implants and then add your own fat, gradually in stages. I have found that the fat lasts longer after the second step.

Mahmood Kara, MD

Thank you for your question. I would suggest reading again with your plastic surgeon to discuss your implant choice. That size does seem large for your frame, but measurements are the key to determining what size implant fits within your breast base. 

Breast Implant Size

This is always a difficult question as it depends on several variables.  First off, the bra cup size is different between different manufacturers, so a C in one bra isn't a C in another company.  Second, implant size is also dependent on the width of your breast.  Too wide (large) of an implant may result in the implant resting in the armpit or too high on your breast.  Third, it also depends on what you are looking for.  Larger implants may fit your desired aesthetic, and if so, that's great.  I generally have patients have a pre-operative visit where they bring a bra of the desired size and place implants in it, then put on a shirt to give then an approximate view of what they will look like after the surgery.  While it's not a perfect model, this keeps the patient in control of their anticipated size and aesthetic, reducing the risk of patients feeling that the implants are too big or too small as well as helping them feel that they aren't "told" what size they need.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Jeffrey M. Pitcher, MD
Grand Junction Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Is 475cc to big for me?

Hi Veronica,Thanks for your question and photo. It may be a good size for you but you need to understand that if your building a house on a foundation that is too small it may fall apart or if your building a house and dont use the whole real estate it will look funny. A simple analogy but one that your plastic surgeon should discuss with you. I recommend 3D imaging as a way to see what fits your frame. No plastic surgeon can guarantee you a size but they can guarantee you the volume they put in! Go in and get sized or go somewhere where you can see YOUR outcome become your have surgery. Good Luck!   All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS #breastaugmentation #toobigortoosmall Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

That volume may be just fine. It really depends on your breast measurements as to the best implant for you. it is hard for any of us to to tell you if that is too big for you. Also I do not really let patients decide if they need different volumes in each breast. I decide that in the operating room by using sizers to match the breasts up. So be careful on that one. Make sure your surgeon is using sizers to see if you really need different size implants. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Implant size

Implant sizing is hard to determine just from photos.  Your measurements also help with the determination.  Discuss your size goals with your surgeon.   He/She is an expert and should be able to help you the look you desire.

Camille Cash, MD

Too big?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It's hard to tell if the 425/475 implants will meet your expectations and keep you in your size goal.  Using your measurements and a sizing system is who I help patients pick an implant size.  I would recommend you re-discuss with your plastic surgeon if you are having doubts on size.Best Wishes! 

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size selection

Thank you for sharing. The breast implant volume and type should reflect your goals and the anatomy you have. An in person evaluation and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to proceed. Online opinions can only provide limited guidance. The sizes you mention seem large but consider discussing the pros and cons with your PS and why they will "fit" your body and your goals. Best wishes!