I'm a 21 year old female. No kids, no smoking. I want to know why my upper breast is flat with no meat or muscle? (Photo)

I've always had large breasts. Since I was about 11. They have never been the perkiest, but lately they have been looking much droopier. It's almost like I have no support on the upper parts of my breasts.

Skin is not like concrete

and your breasts are just losing the battle against gravity.  To prevent, you must use supportive bras, as opposed to going braless.  To fix this, you will need a lift and that brings costs, scarring, numbness, and possibly impacts your ability to breast feed so my recommendation would be to have your family before you consider 'rejuvenating' your breasts.

Lift

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination you would benefit from a lift.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and see what can be done.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I'm a 21 year old female. No kids, no smoking. I want to know why my upper breast is flat with no meat or muscle

The falling of your breast is due to mostly genetics. Weight fluctuations can negatively affect it by speeding it up. Making them look fuller would require a surgical intervention to make them larger and fuller.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast drop

Thank you for sharing. There are options for the drooping appearance you describe. A breast lift can be done to reposition the nipple with or without reducing the volume. If adding volume to the upper pole is desired an appropriate size implant can be offered. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who can appropriately assess you in person and guide you. Best wishes!

Upper chest flat.

Thank you for your question and pics.  You have a nice natural appearance to your breasts and I don't see any concern of not having a muscle as the armpit area would look different.  Your breasts have fallen slightly.   Depending on when you are having kids, you can seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss some options.  Best of luck. 

Breast Sagging

Hello and thank you for using RealSelf.com. The shape of your breasts are normal for their large size. The weight of your breasts are naturally causing the lower skin between the nipple and crease to stretch. This sags the breasts and gives you loss of upper fullness. The support that you lost is from that stretchy skin. You do not have any problems such as loss of muscle or any other tissues. The way to regain upper fullness is a breast lift (mastopexy) and placement of a breast implant on each side. This will give you the shape you want. The trade-off are scars on the lower part of each breast that will fade over one to two years and easily hidden by bras and bathing suit tops. Best bet is to see some experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons for a consultation. 

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

I'm a 21 year old female. No kids, no smoking. I want to know why my upper breast is flat with no meat or muscle?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Larger Breast Shape

You have a normal appearance to a larger breast. The weight of the tissue on the skin tends to leave the breast lower on the chest and thus limits the amount of upper pole fullness. This can be improved by both lifting the breast and adding a modest implant to help restore fullness higher on the chest. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD