2 weeks post fat transfer and Erbium laser resurfacing to lower lids - unusual bubbly area appeared. What is it?

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post lower lid fat grafting and Erbium laser resurfacing. Both undereye areas were smooth (yet puffy and still red) but I just observed an area that looks like an oval bubble directly under the right lid. I don't believe this is where fat was injected. I believe that was a bit lower down. Could this be swelling but if so why would it appear suddenly? The right side has been more red and swollen all along but this bubbly area was not present last week.

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest posting photos and speaking to your physician to ensure you are healing properly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bubble after fat transfer

What you are describing is consistent with swelling.  You are going to go through a process of local swelling. Then the fathe will settle.  Once it engrafts then the cells will begin to absorb and store fat. At this point you will enperience the complete fill.

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon