Almost 10 days PO tumescent lipo, upper and lower abs, flanks, back. Abs still hurt so much at night, when does it stop?

2.5 liters taken, 5'2", 120 lbs. I did not expect this much pain for this long. Sure it's tolerable but, ouch!! The day is not do bad as night.

Recovery after liposuction

After liposuction surgery, I advise the patients to take one week off from work. You would need full time help with your children for that first week.  At that point we take out the stitches and the patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At one month, the patients start low impact cardio. At two months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. The compression garment is worn for at least 6 weeks.  

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling/Pain -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. In my practice most of my patients have very little pain 1 week after following my liposuction post-op protocol. I suggest speaking with your physician if you experience severe pain that persists much longer. Best, Dr. Emer.