Uneven Breast After Surgery. (photos)

I'm 3 weeks post op now and I think my breast implants are uneven.My left breast looks fuller and natural than my right breast.Can you suggest me what to do with?

Post Op Complication Concerns

Thank you for your question and photos. It is difficult to tell based on your photos whether you have bottomed out, your implants are too large or swelling is distorting the appearance of the breasts but you do have an asymmetry apparent at this point. I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person for evaluation.

All the best

Uneven Breast After Surgery.

One of your breasts looks lower than the other side.  This may indicate bottoming out of the breast implant.  Please see your plastic surgeon and ask about the possibility of taping the inframammary crease or wearing an underwire bra

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. It is apparent that there are asymmetries between the two breasts, at this stage it is hard to determine whether it is due to swelling or if a revision needs done to correct the placement of the implants. You are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

You are still very early in the recovery process.  It is common at this stage for the breasts to look different, as they heal at different rates. It will take 3 to 6 months before the swelling has subsided and the implants settle comfortably in the breasts.  Until then, try to be patient and follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Camille Cash, MD

Uneven implants

The right implant appears to low.  Time will tell where they will end up with settling.  You may end up needing a revision to even out the implants, but you should likely wait 3-6 months before doing so, if needed.  Give it time for now.  Not much else you can do at this stage.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants uneven after 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your photo suggests that you have fairly large implants and were quite flat with no defined breast crease before surgery.
  • I mention this because in the photo, one implant seems to be low on your chest -
  • It suggests that the breast crease is not holding it into position.
  • Assuming your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, I suggest you return to her/him, review your before photos and see if this is correct.
  • Sometimes it isn't clear what is happening and measurements need to be taken to see if the problem worsens - which it will if the tissues cannot support the implant.
  • If this is the situation, this will require surgery to correct - 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes   3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.