Tummy tuck, whiteish skin on the belly button (Photo)

I am 190lbs male and 4th week post op full abdominoplasty. Though i did not needed to have my ab muscle tightened because I'm very athletic and into body building for the past 3 years so its just the excess skin. last night i noticed that i have this (See pic) on my NEW belly button. everything's ok, everything's dry, my wounds, they are healing well, also the belly button, its just that right part of my belly button. i feel weird, is this normal? thanks in advance!

Tummy tuck, whiteish skin on the belly button

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well. I recommend to make a follow up appointment with your PS, he would know the best for you in this case. Good luck :)

Incision and Scar Healing After Tummy Tuck

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

You are still early in the healing process, but if you find that you are concerned about your scars and/or healing it would be best to visit your surgeon and have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck,

Belly button

That is a good question. I recommend calling your surgeon to get in for a follow up appointment. It appears everything is healing well, but you can not always tell by a photo. Chances are the nerves are "waking up" causing the "weird feeling". Check with your surgeon and best wishes!