What's the best treatment for bilateral cleft lip and palate?

I was been operated when am a baby but then for now am already 21 i had a scars in my upper lip and the how i speak is not clear . ..

Scarring to upper lip and speech unclear in bilateral cleft lip and palate

Hello and thank you for your question.

Bilateral or double sided clefts are more complex than unilateral one side only ones but now that you are an adult this means that there are no concerns relating to surgery contributing to lack of facial growth as for you that is now complete. The other advantage patients with bilateral clefts have is that there is often more symmetry than in patients with a unilateral one sided cleft.

There are a number of techniques to improve appearance and function of the lips and nose; also to improve speech; it would require a detailed assessment by an experienced cleft surgeon and ideally a team including someone to assess your speech and someone to assess the jaws teeth etc.

I hope that this information was helpful.

Best wishes

London Plastic Surgeon