How to treat my cheek? i'ts not in proper, the other side is big and other is in normal. (photos)

Doctor Answers 3

How to treat my cheek? i'ts not in proper, the other side is big and other is in normal.

 Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers or facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants) for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks show an average and acceptable degree of asymmetry and are angular in shape.  I however suspect that your chin is weak which can be verified with a non smiling side photo of your face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are Ok but the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  These combine to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Cheek discrepancy

Everyones face has a unique left and right side. In your case the left cheek is larger/more prominent than the right. Options to treat this include1. fillers- last for a period of approx 1 year and would need continued treatments throughout life2. fat transfer- a large portion(60-70%) will survive, so this could be a one and done procedure and it is your own tissue(assuming you have fat to harvest from somewhere)3. Implant- permanent option, can be custom or stock(off the shelf) device- have different risks associated with them.A consultation with a properly trained plastic surgeon will help answer these questions for you

Face asymmetry

Two sides of human face will always have some asymmetry and difference in size. This is the case with your face as well. Correction with volume augmentation of your right side  by means of soft tissue fillers or, even better,  your own fat by means of fat grafts would be my suggestion.
You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.