Can my teeth be fixed with braces without pulling any tooth? (Photo)

I was 18 years old and i have 2 canine teeth on the top of my gums and the rest are not align . Can this be fix on braces without pulling any teeth ? Because i heard that pulling the canine teeth are very hurt and i dont know if i can do that . Thanks for answering my question :)

Let's Talk Teeth

Dear odrie1232,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.

With the photos provided it is difficult to treatment plan your case.  I highly recommend visiting your local orthodontic specialist.  He/she will gather the proper materials required to give you a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

To answer your question from the photos provided, you do have severe crowded which usually requires extraction to obtain optimal esthetics and occlusion.  Regarding pain, a good oral surgeon is very experienced extraction premolars.  You should not feel any pain and most of the time is a very quick procedure.  If you are nervous, I recommend interviewing a few oral surgeons to find one that makes you feel comfortable if your orthodontist recommends extractions in your treatment plan.

I hope that this helps and good luck.

Dr. Jenn