I'm 6 days post rhinoplasty, and I have excessive swelling of the nose. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had my nose done 6 days ago. My nose is so swollen. I know that being swollen is normal, but in my case I don't even recognize myself. I had my bridge done, alarplasty and tip refinement. Cartilage was taken from my ear, and gore tex for my bridge. Will see my PS this week. Is this kind of excessive swelling normal? Or is this some infection?

Rhinoplasty

At 1 week, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

The amount of swelling you are experiencing is very typical after a rhinoplasty.  With time the swelling will subside and you will be able to see your new nose.

Good luck!

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon

SWELLING

Yes it is normal 
Wait at least six months to one year to  assess your result .
Regards 
Dr Shamoun 

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 week after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD