What is the best way to remove this scar on my face? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Scar Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for posting your question. Your indented scar can benefit from a scar excision procedure to break up surrounding scarred tissues followed by approximation of fresh tissue edges in a multi-layer “plastic” closure. Fillers or fat transfer injection may help blending your scar with surrounding area as well. I recommend meeting with an experienced, board certified physician for an in-person consultation to decide the best option for your need. Best of luck. 

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Scar revision..

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for your question. This is a complex depressed wound and will likely need scar excision and possible fat grafting. Your question can only be answered through an in-person examination. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 216 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.