How to remove deep chicken pox scars? (photos)

I recently had chicken pox last September, 2,2016 and during my 2nd week I scratched some scabs on my face and the results are terrible. I didn't know that it could result to what it looks like now and I saw in some sites that no cream, ointment or oil can remove it. I tried applying aloe vera to it and I'm currently using bio oil. So, how can the deep chicken pox scars be removed?

Atrophic chicken pox scars on the face

Start with skin prep using Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM. You will need subcision, ematrix RF, fillers, and fractional lasers for the atrophic scars.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Depressed Scars on Forehead after Chicken Pox

Dear danicagx~

Thank you for sharing your photos. It has only been a few weeks since you had the chicken pox, and it is likely that the scars will improve with time. It is important to apply sunscreen to the area to minimize further scarring. You may benefit from microneedling with PRP to help fill in the depressions. Steroid or bleaching creams can help with the pigmented areas. Filler placement or lasers may also be options in the future. Please see a physician for a consultation.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD