Redness and wound at areola 15 days post-op. Is this normal? (Photo)

Is it normal to have a wound like this in my areola? Im 15 days post op. Thanks! :)

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Incision healing

Thank you for your question.  There is a small area of your incision at the lower areola where it looks like the skin opened slightly.  Otherwise for this time of healing the appearance looks typical.  Understand that it can take approximately 9-12 months for full healing.   Up until this time you may see gradual changes to the incision. Be sure to stay in contact with your surgeon for any concerns.  

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

The tension from the breastlift has opened. The wound is superficial and should close in about a week or two.

Follow you doctors instructions regarding wound care.